Dual Credit Program
Upcoming Dual Credit Parent Night- January 23, 2023
6:00 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center
Lee College offers dual credit courses at Dayton High School, Lee College Education Center- South Liberty County, and the McNair Center. Students in 10th-12th grade who are interested in earning high school and college credit are encouraged to register for the dual credit courses being offered.
- Academic Courses – 10th-12th grade students are able to complete academic courses that consist of English Composition I/II (English III), English Literature (English IV), US History, Sociology/Psychology, Speech, Education 1200 (required for all academic dual credit students), Kinesiology, Art Appreciation, Government, College Algebra, and Elementary Statistics. (Dayton High School)
- Cosmetology- The Cosmotology program allows students to successfully complete a Certificate of Cosmetology and prepares them for their state licensing exam. Designed for juniors and seniors, it allows students to complete both high school diploma and a certification. Additionally, students can proceed with further cosmotology studies at Lee College. (Lee College Education Center- South Liberty County)
- Cyber Security - Is the study of safety precautions used to prevent crime that involves the internet, especially unauthorized access to computer systems and data connected to the internet such as theft, disruption, misdirection, or destruction.
- Electrical - The Electrical Technology Program prepares students for entry-level positions in the electrical field. Graduates of this program will be skilled in the installation and maintenance of various residential, commercial, and industrial electrical systems. Electrical AAS Degrees and Certificates are offered at Lee College. An electrician installs, maintains, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical equipment and other types of electrical and electronic controls on various types of equipment found at an industrial site. An electrician applies electrical theory and related knowledge, usually under direction of engineering staff, to design, build, repair, calibrate, and modify electrical components, circuitry, controls and machinery. (Proposed Fall 2023)
- Logistics - Logistics is the planning, direction, or coordination of transportation, storage, or distribution activities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable government laws or regulations. (Fall 2023)
- Process Technology - The Process Technology Programs prepare the student to enter the operations or laboratory technician field in refinery and manufacturing. Certificate and AAS Degree are offered at Lee College. Process technicians and operators manage and control the flows, levles, temperatures, pressures, and analytical variables in refineries and petro-chemical facilities to make the fuels, chemicals, and plastics that made modern society possible. (Lee College Education Center- South Liberty County)
- Welding – The Welding Technology Program offers specialized welding courses which train and prepare students for today’s industry. Students reinforce their classroom theory through hands-on training. Five well-equipped laboratories support welding instruction. (McNair Center)
Please listen for announcements and look for information for new and upcoming dual credit courses that will be offered at Dayton High School.
If you have questions regarding any dual credit and/or college classes, please contact your student’s counselor or Katie Marek, Dual Credit Advisor.
Why Wait? Begin Your Future Now!